I posted this in my Instagram stories the other day and tons of people asked for the recipe so, here it is! Who else loves gummies? I feel like they are so nostalgic of the 90s. Unfortunately, gummies typically contain:
- artificial flavors
- artificial colors (yellow 5, blue 1, red 40, yellow 6 and titanium dioxide)
- high fructose corn syrup
- other ingredients
When there are questionable ingredients where I’m unsure of the safety (or even just what the heck it is) I love utilizing this Food Additive Glossary. I am all about making healthy swaps when possible, and I’ve found that this simple recipe is a great way to do that!
These make great snacks for little ones, and will be perfect for a Valentine’s Day treat! Additional benefits of making gummies on your own include:
- utilizing a healthier sugar source
- includes real fruit
- gelatin sourced from healthier animals (you are what you eat)
- ZERO artificial ingredients that your body can’t recognize
- can customize the shapes!