This is one of my favorite recipes from my 21 Day Transformational Nutrition Cleanse. Chili is a wonderful option when you are looking for a quick, simple, nutritious recipe. You can load in lots of veggies and have enough to serve a family or have leftovers for the next day!
Yep! It’s Veggie Chili
- 3 ears corn (or 10oz bag of frozen corn)
- 1 ½ cups cooked kidney beans (or 15oz can, rinsed and drained)
- 4 large tomatos (diced)
- 1 large green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 large red bell pepper (diced )
- 1 medium sweet onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp sea salt (Celtic is one of the best types)
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup high quality protein (grass-fed groud beef, ground turkey) (OPTIONAL)
Heat a large pot over meadium heat and add the oil and onion. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Add the corn, garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Sauté for another 4 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and peppers and cover pot.
Turn heat to love and simmer for ~30 minutes.
Add more salt to taste and enjoy!