As I discussed the other day, toxins increase inflammation, so avoidance (when possible) + efficient elimination of them is essential! Helping your body get rid of toxins is one of the most effective ways to:
- Boost metabolism
- Increase energy
- Prevent disease
- Improve overall health + skin!
Here are 6 powerful DETOX practices that will change your life!
- Drink HALF your weight in ounces daily. Consuming 12oz of warm water with lemon on an empty stomach, first thing in the morning, supports detox pathways.
- Move your body daily. Our lymphatic system moves when we move, so some type of physical activity every day will help keep it flowing!
- Deep + slow breaths to help move toxins out of the body. Read the book “Just Breathe” by Dan Brule (a retired Navy Seal) to learn more about the power of breath — I just finished it + it was fascinating!
- Invest in a beautiful DRY BRUSH! Another way to help move our lymph, boost circulation + exfoliate the skin.
- Take a high-quality detox supplement!! One that will remove both water AND fat soluble toxins is essential to help clear out backed up nastiness. The one I take is great for constipation + will get your feeling light + trim.
- Load up on high fiber veggies. The recommendation is AT LEAST 6 servings of fruits + veggies daily (potatoes and corn don’t count — sorry!). Where do you fall? Eating real food is one of the most importance changes anyone with digestive issues can make!
Remember, optimizing our body’s natural detoxification processes through daily, healthy bowel movements is critical for optimal health! What happens on the INSIDE shows up on the OUTSIDE!
If you’d like to try my favorite Detox Supplement + Dry Brush, use this link to save $10 off your order!
You are exposed to hormone disrupting chemicals + toxins every single day.
I define a toxin as anything you eat, breathe, put on your skin, that your body doesn’t recognize + has no use for. Some are easy for our body to eliminate (water-soluble), while others are more difficult + can get stored in our fat cells (fat-soluble).
These toxins can build up over time, increasing our risk of anything from migraines, to fertility issues and cancer! They can even disrupt our hormones. Most don’t realize that that the amount of toxins we’re exposed to on a daily basis has dramatically increased over the past few decades.
Some statistics for you:
- The average woman is exposed to 168 chemicals every morning through personal care products
- In a study done my the Environmental Working Group, an average of 16 hormone-altering chemical were found in teens (again from personal care products)
So where are these toxins found?!
- What we eat and drink: preservatives, artificial dyes, artificial colors + flavors, antibiotics, herbicides + pesticides, BPA + BPS in plastics
- What we breathe: candles, perfume, fragrance in general, poor air quality, pollution
- What we put on our skin: parabens, phthalates +fragrance in personal care products, flame retardants in furniture, and so much more!
While our bodies have built-in ways to help neutralize + eliminate these toxins, we are often being overburdened —> less than optimal health, sickness, disease. So what can we do?!
- DITCH toxic personal care products + SWITCH to waterless, pure earth products.
- Eat detoxifying foods + supplement with detoxifying herbs.
- Sweat: sauna, exercise (and ditch those antiperspirants!). I use an enzyme-based deodorant that neutralizes stinky bacteria without blocking your pores!
- Sleep: This is a vital time where your body renews + rebuilds.
- Dry Brush: Helps move the lymphatic system, which plays a vital roll in immunity. This one is my favorite!
- Avoid plastics as much as possible: Purchase a glass or stainless steal water bottle (I LOVE this one), avoid plastic Tupperware.
- Avoid fragrance: Use essential oil based candles, perfume, cleaners, detergents instead!
- Optimize your bowel movements! Optimal is 1-3 times daily.
What do you do to support your body’s natural detoxification processes?
All though high school and college I suffered from dry skin in the winter. It was itchy, flaky + red. I would constantly reapply lotion but it never seemed to really help. It wasn’t until I learned the power of waterLESS skincare that I finally saw those dry patches heal. So, you probably wondering what’s the deal with waterless skin care? Let’s dive in.
There are 3 main reasons why you need to ditch water-containing products.
Continue reading “3 Reasons to Ditch Water-Based Personal Care Products”
- Water attracts water, so when you put a lotion containing water on your skin, it will pull out the moisture in your skin, evaporating it into the air. So, the water in our lotions is actually drawing the water OUT of our skin, making our skin dryer. No wonder I had to reapply 583x per day.
- Water makes products less stable and more prone to spoiling or growing bacteria. This requires the addition of stabilizers + preservatives. Unfortunately, most companies are not investing in healthy stabilizers + preventives, so most are toxic and harmful to our bodies. Examples include: parabens, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol
- When water is added to products, it dilutes the active ingredients, creating a cheaper product with less of the good stuff!