They say that chocolate is the best carrier of any medicine + I must say I agree! Add chocolate to anything + it will always taste great going down.
We love making chocolate elixirs on cozy winter evenings. It’s a great way to get in our collagen, medicinal mushrooms + more! Did you know that some species of mushrooms have medicinal properties?! Several are also adaptogens, meaning they help your body adapt to stress. Adaptogens increase the body’s resistance to stressors, including physical, emotional, chemical + environmental. Cool right?!
Here are some benefits of different medicinal mushrooms:
- Reishi: support occasional stress + better sleep
- Lions Mane: helps with focus + productivity
- Chaga: loaded in antioxidants + amazing for supporting immunity
- Cordyceps: boosts stamina + performance, great for athletes
Ok so now for the recipe. It’s super simple.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 dates
- 1 Tbs cacao powder
- 1 scoop hydrolyzed 2 collagen
- 1 Tbs coconut manna
- 1 tsp Chaga or Reishi (optional)
Blend + enjoy!